Spital in the Street • St Edmund

St Edmund's Chapel, Spittal in the Street

The hospitium of St Edmund, now privately owned, was rebuilt in 1616 just four years before the Pilgrim Fathers set off for America. It was the last stopping point before medieval pilgrims arrived at the shrine of St Hugh of Lincoln. 

There will be a small exhibition of pilgrim souvenirs, including a rare relic of St Thomas Beckett.

Inside the beautifully restored chapel

Open: 16th-17th May, Saturday 2pm - 6pm • Sunday 2pm - 6pm


Get Involved and Spread the Word!


Click here to LIKE us on Facebook or click here to FOLLOW us on Twitter and help spread the word about the festival.


No comments:

Post a comment

AddThis Smart Layers