Spridlington • St Hilary

Spridlington • St Hilary
(Photo by Brian, Creative Commons Link)
Enclosed by tall horse chestnut trees, St Hilary’s is an unusual late Victorian church designed by James Fowler of Louth in 1873.

Look for the high tower with saddleback roof, the stained glass windows (particularly the Nativity scenes in the West window) and the Victorian woodwork in the chancel.

The beautiful restored Thomas Nicholson organ is a point of interest. We invite organists to play during most parts of both days. We have a recital on Saturday between 12noon and 12.30pm.

Pipes of the restored Thomas Nicholson Organ

Postcode: LN8 2DX, click here to find on Google Maps 

Open: 16th-17th May, Saturday 10am - 4pm • Sunday 10am - 4pm

Get Involved and Spread the Word!

Visit us on ExploreChurches:
https://www.explorechurches.org/church/st-hilary-spridlington

Click these links to find us on FacebookTwitter or Instagram.


No comments:

Post a comment

AddThis Smart Layers