Willoughton • St Andrew

Willoughton • St Andrew
(photo by Richard Croft, Creative Commons Link)
The church was partially rebuilt in 1794. A new West End Tower and Nave were built on to the 13th century Chancel. It was a typical George III church with a gallery at the West end and box pews. These have been swept away with the subsequent Victorian restoration in 1888, leaving behind the church seen today. 

The remains of the Nicholas Sutton Tomb in the Sanctuary and the blocked up medieval perpendicular two-light window in the South wall of the chancel are the only surviving evidence of the earlier church.

Postcode:  DN21 5SD, click here to find on Google Maps.

Open: 16th-17th May,  Saturday 11am - 4pm • Sunday 11am - 4pm

Get Involved and Spread the Word!

Click here to LIKE us on Facebook or click here to FOLLOW us on Twitter and help spread the word about the festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis Smart Layers