|Owmby by Spital • St Peter & St Paul|
(photo by David Wright, Creative Commons Link)
A beautiful Norman church, entrance at the base of the partly medieval tower with belfry windows. This has three bells dating from 1687, one of which is in use. 12th century arcade separates nave from aisle, its pointed arches rest on large based pillars, some with ancient graffiti. Entrance archway and font are Saxon. The capitals are decorated with bold leaf carvings. Chancel and stained glass window behind the altar are later editions. Themed exhibitions ‘Village timeline’.
Postcode: LN8 2HN, click here to find on Google Maps
Open: 13-14th May, Saturday 10am - 5pm • Sunday 10am - 4.30pm.
Get Involved and Spread the Word!
Visit us on ExploreChurches:
Click these links to find us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.