Dating from 1826, the chapel was used as Sunday School until 1969. The second chapel adjacent to the first dates from 1927. A new Sunday School was added in 1975. The Primitive Methodist magazine of 1859 records an account by A Worsnop of the re-opening of the chapel after enlargement. This was necessary because of a revival in the winter of 1857-8 and consent was obtained from WM Ingram Esq. On the north wall inside Laughton Methodist church is a white stone tablet with incised gold lettering commemorating a single World War 2 casualty.